GitLab is a web-based DevOps lifecycle tool that provides a Git-repository manager providing wiki, issue-tracking and CI/CD pipeline features, using an open-source license, developed by GitLab Inc
- Develop features from proposal to polished end result.
- Support and collaborate with our support engineers in getting to the bottom of user-reported issues and come up with robust solutions.
- Engage with the core team and the open source community to collaborate on improving GitLab.
- Manage and review code contributed by the rest of the community and work with them to get it ready for production.
- Create and maintain documentation around features and configuration to save our users time.
- Take initiative in improving the software in small or large ways to address pain points in your own experience as a developer.
- Keep code easy to maintain and keep it easy for others to contribute code to GitLab.
- Help grow the team by participating in technical interviews.
- You have worked on a production-level Ruby application, preferably using Rails (this is a strict requirement).
- You have Golang experience
- Experience with other technologies a plus.
- You can reason about software, algorithms, and performance from a high level.
- You are passionate about open source.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Self-motivated and have strong organizational skills.
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values.