Remote Backend Developer Job SourceGraph
We're building the new standard developer platform. Top tech companies have invested $100Ms to build internal developer platforms for code search, code review, alerts, and automation. Sourcegraph provides this standard developer platform to every company, helping startups and large enterprises ship better software faster.
Our mission is to dramatically increase the number of people who can understand and write code. By making code more accessible, we will democratize software development and accelerate innovations that bring the future sooner in transportation, health care, energy, AI, communication, space travel, etc.
We value openness and transparency. Our handbook, our strategy, and our code are public. This transparency helps us rapidly gather feedback from our customers so we can iterate, learn, and deliver the best product.
To create a product that serves the needs of all developers, we are building a diverse remote-first team that is distributed across the world. Sourcegraph is an equal opportunity workplace; we welcome people from all backgrounds and communities.
If you are passionate about making the world better through software, come join us!
About the role : Remote Backend Developer Job SourceGraph
As a backend engineer at Sourcegraph, you will focus on designing and developing fast and reliable services that power our product (e.g., code search, syntax highlighting, auth, code host integrations). Read our project roadmap to see the challenges that we are working on today and in the near the future.
Qualifications : Remote Backend Developer Job SourceGraph
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and a strong desire to learn:
- Excellent knowledge of Go.
- Skilled at building, testing (e.g., unit, integration, end-to-end), and debugging high performance distributed systems.
- Good knowledge of Git in particular and other version control systems more generally.
- Ability to communicate clearly and empathetically, especially in writing and documentation.
- Practiced at creating high quality software balanced with a pragmatic understanding of how to make appropriate tradeoffs (e.g., cut scope) to ship quickly and iterate when necessary.
Nice-to-haves: Remote Backend Developer Job SourceGraph
- Experience making distributed systems observable (e.g., logging, Prometheus metrics, request tracing).
- Experience using Postgres and Redis.
- Experience load testing distributed systems.
- Experience writing high performance Go code and benchmarks.
- Published blog posts and/or tech talks about your work.
- Experience working on high-performing teams, preferably tech startups.
Location : Remote Backend Developer Job SourceGraph
We are an all-remote company and globally distributed team focused on results and employee happiness, so wherever you choose to work is up to you. We don't require you to be in any particular timezone or location.
Compensation and benefits
We provide competitive pay and equity because we want you to act like a business owner and share in the success of Sourcegraph. We also provide many benefits to keep you happy, healthy, and productive.
Interview process for Remote Backend Developer Job SourceGraph
- You apply here.
- We set up a 30 minute call to answer any questions that you have about Sourcegraph.
- We evaluate relevant technical skills that you have via an asynchronous coding exercise.
- We will give you an overview of the exercise in advance.
- We will send you the details at a time of your choosing and you will have up to 2 hours to work on the exercise.
- You will be able to use your own development environment and lookup documentation on the internet.
- We schedule 4 hours of remote interviews over video chat across multiple days.
- Architecture: We give you an open problem statement and you walk us through how you would solve the problem.
- Technical experience: We ask you about your past work and accomplishments.
- Team collaboration: We ask you about how you work and communicate in a team setting, and how you handle tricky situations.
- CEO/CTO: We ask you about what motivates you to do your best work, and we tell you more about the vision for the company.
- We check your references.
- We make you a job offer.
We want to ensure Sourcegraph is an environment that suits your working style and empowers you to do your best work, so we are eager to answer any questions that you have about us at any point in the interview process.
If you're interested in Sourcegraph but aren't yet ready to apply we are still happy to connect and answer any questions that you might have: DM us on Twitter or email email@example.com.
Remote Backend Developer Job SourceGraph - Crypto Remote Jobs