As a Business Intelligence Analyst at IOHK you will be working on a range of projects that will focus on different markets, organizations and industries. Product will also be a main point of emphasis and be given consideration in all types of research. This role is critical to meet current and future demands for insights for senior leadership and others to make informed, strategic decisions. You will be a motivated individual who can work on their own as well as in a team. You will work closely with the senior leadership team, and contribute your opinions on how to improve research and meet organizational and departmental goals.
- Completing research related to the major company 2020 goals, as well as departmental goals (such as building a country and competitive analysis repository)
- In the near term (the next 6 months) the focus will be on country analysis for Africa, especially southern Africa, competitive analysis and due diligence on potential partners, and privacy features in blockchain.
- Producing research that will go to senior leadership and be used for decision making
- Collating business intelligence on countries across an array of regions
- Exploring topics, such as cryptocurrency adoption rates, legislation, and more
- Completing analysis on organizations including, private companies and NGOs
- Completing competitive analysis relating to competitors as well as potential partners
- Completing analysis on a variety of industries including, demand for blockchain and DLT solutions, use cases and more
- Completing some non-legal due diligence activities
- Familiarity with data visualization and flowchart software
- Project management skills
- Basic computer skills, such as Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint - pivot tables a plus
- Foreign language skills a plus.
- Familiarity and experience with grant writing a plus
- Good communication skills by phone, chat, email and all other forms
- Ability to contact individuals in the industry and conduct trade interviews
- Ability to work remotely with a team across time zones.
- Ability to extract needs from senior leadership, and make it clear in research that these needs are being addressed.
- Ability to create clear, concise and succinct research with supported conclusions and recommendations.
- Ability to make connections and cross-reference previously done research as well as activities across multiple, disparate teams to create comprehensive research.
- Ability to shift priorities, if need be, due to senior leadership demands.
Education / Experience
- At least 3 years of experience in business intelligence, consumer insights or market research
- Experience, interest in, and passion for blockchain would be a plus (please make us aware of any courses that you may have completed concerning blockchain)
- Must have experience in research report writing and chart building.
- You will ideally have travelled within, or lived in African countries, allowing you to bring experience about different markets that may not currently be available amongst the team members.
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree. Will consider those holding an associate’s degree or having some college experience subject to work experience and skill set.
- Preferably has experience in both primary and secondary research.