Who is Sonatype?
At Sonatype, we believe in the power of distributed organizations. So, when it comes to hiring, we don't limit ourselves by recruiting in specific locations. We are 300+ employees that hail from 50 countries, and speak 15 languages. Just like this role, our design team is fully remote. Our designers work as part of multi-disciplinary teams that balance the thinking required to understand complex problems with the hard work and flexibility required to get high quality working software into the hands of our customers.
What do we do?
Sonatype is the leader in software supply chain automation technology with over 1,000 enterprise customers, and is trusted by more than 10 million software developers. Sonatype enables teams and developers to automatically integrate security at every stage of the modern development pipeline by combining in-depth component intelligence with real-time remediation guidance.
Who are you?
You are a talented and experienced design leader with exceptional problem-solving abilities, clear communication skills, and solid design instincts who can translate business and technology needs into delightful, clean customer-focused solutions. You are a self-starter who brings original ideas and fresh approaches to each project they work on. You are responsive, flexible, and thrive in collaborative work environments. You are passionate about the holistic product view, and are an omnipresent voice for the customer.
What you bring
- Deep experience in core areas of product design such as information architecture, UI design, user research and interaction design.
- Ability to create a wide range of experience design deliverables including wireframes, prototypes, design systems, journey maps and high fidelity mocks.
- Ability to clearly communicate innovation and design concepts to clients and colleagues using the methods & tools that best illustrate them
- Strong collaboration skills to work with cross-functional delivery teams on projects .
- Work closely with developers during all stages of a project, including development and delivery.
- Facilitate inceptions, brainstorms, user testing, and client feedback activities with users, clients, and team members
Requirements to apply:
- A portfolio of design work that shows us how you solve problems.
- 5+ years of experience as a Sr. UX Designer, Sr. Product Designer or comparable.
What We Offer:
- Full remote office. You work where you are, and a few times a year we will get together to celebrate our wins.
- The opportunity to be part of an incredible, high-growth company, working on a team of experienced colleagues
- Competitive salary package
- Medical/Dental/Vision benefits
- Flexible work schedules that ensure time for you to be you
- 2019 Best Places to Work Washington Post and Washingtonian
- 2019 Wealthfront Top Career Launching Company
- EY Entrepreneur of the Year 2019
- Fast Company Top 50 Companies for Innovators
- Glassdoor ranking of 4.9