Head of Data Science & Analytics
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Steer and define the vision of Data Science and Analytics at Coinbase.
- Partner closely with VP of Data and organization leadership to meet analytics needs and continuously improve our insight-creation capabilities, as a trusted and influential evangelist for data-guided decision making, while cultivating a culture of data at Coinbase.
- Leverage advanced analytics toolset to not only identify opportunities, but also unpack drivers and develop hypotheses to inform action planning with partners.
- Own business metrics for all of the organizations, while keeping a close tab of changes in KPIs that affects business performance..
- Train business users of various skill sets to enable ‘self-service’ analytics; advocate for data guided decision and frameworks via empowerment of data usage across the business.
- Recruit and grow a world class data science and analytics team.
- Mentor team managers on data science and analytics applications, strategic analyses, and career growth.
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- Masters in business, computer science, statistics, applied mathematics, or any scientific or computational degree.
- 10+ years of experience as a hands-on leader of a data science/analytics team.
- 10+ years of experience providing business insights support for the executive team.
- Experience in leading large teams with >20 team members.
- Experience in both internal and external storytelling and executive presentations.
- Expertise with analytics tools, data visualization, SQL, R, or Python as applied to data science and analytics.
- Deep knowledge of data models and experimental design and execution.
- Excellent ability to communicate complicated and nuanced insights in accessible language to relevant stakeholders.