The Maker Foundation is seeking an Ethereum Smart Contracts Engineer to write smart contracts in Solidity, create dapps, work with security auditors, integrate with modern web development frameworks, and containerize your work. We acknowledge that the blockchain space is in its infancy but prior experience with smart contracts is required. You should have prior experience developing high quality server and blockchain architecture and be excited about doing that at a studio that is transforming the way companies run their businesses. The ideal candidate will:
- Work together with the smart contracts team to design, implement, and deliver the Maker smart contracts.
- Implement high-quality code and tests that conforms to modern security practices.
- Focus on security, attack vectors and threat models, and the ability to clearly express, communicate and document these issues.
- Stay knowledgeable about the new and rapidly evolving blockchain space, and apply this knowledge to the job. This includes technologies like Ethereum 2.0 (beacon chain, side chains, validators, sharding), advances in other languages (Vyper, Huff, Yul), etc.
- Create and maintain up-to-date documentation for Smart Contracts and Formal Verification specs and proofs.
- Work in an agile environment, continuously improving the team’s processes and way of working by providing feedback about the existing process and by suggesting changes to the process.
- Conduct the necessary research and stay up-to-date with developments in the industry. Building PoCs to keep our technology up-to-date.
- Practice continuous integration and delivery, helping the team to deliver to the integrated QA environment and facilitate bi-weekly releases to the Ethereum testnet.
- Write secure, well-documented, well-tested Solidity smart contracts
- Write code to interface with data stores, including databases (relational and non-relational) and a blockchain
- Design, implement and document clear and consistent APIs to be consumed by web and mobile clients
- Guide product decisions
- 1+ years experience with Solidity/Ethereum development
- 3+ years of experience in a software engineering role
- Deep understanding of the underlying Ethereum Virtual Machine, compilation from high level language to bytecode, the EVM execution model, memory layout, etc.
- Solid understand of Solidity language and compiler, including quirks and edge cases.
- Experience debugging and testing tools like hevm, dapp-test, remix.
- Understanding Ethereum blockchain principles, PoW, PoA and PoS, Ethereum testnets and contract deployment scripts.
- Work effectively with a high degree of autonomy, while able to collaborate with a globally distributed team.
Americas (remote); US, Canada, Argentina