The Junior DevOps Engineer will be at the frontline collaborating with all of the Engineering teams to support new and ongoing products. This person will also work with our talented team of Software Craftsmen to decide how to create meaningful outcomes for our users.
- Working on a high profile and global platform operating in the fintech and cryptocurrency space.
- Drive and collaboratively deliver a fully automated infrastructure and development pipeline.
- Participating in deployments with strict availability requirements on a large scale environment and working together with other Engineers to ensure our systems meet current and future demand.
- Expanding our effort in writing our infrastructure as code using tools such as Ansible and Terraform.
- Evolving our automation tasks into new territories.
- Working collaboratively with other Software and DevOps Engineers to increase our availability and reliability through insightful systems and application metrics.
- Improving our CI/CD pipeline to provide new integration vectors.
- Other duties as required or assigned.
Qualifications and skills
- Interest in DevOps and/or Site Reliability Engineering skillset.
- Passion for writing non-trivial code and automation of tasks.
- Interest in container technology (e.g. Docker) and orchestration platforms such as Kubernetes.
- Curiosity about infrastructure management with code.
- Knowledge of modern web development practices and other software development practices, including CI/CD pipelines.
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly in an environment that is constantly changing.
- Good understanding of version control systems such as git.
- Must be a team player with a great attitude.
- Contributing to open-source projects.
- Cloud platforms such as Amazon Web Services and Google Cloud Platform.
- Relational (PostgreSQL, MySQL) and non-relational databases (Redis, Elasticsearch).
- Working with CI systems such as Travis CI, CircleCI, Codeship, GitLab CI or Drone.
- Background or knowledge in security.