Help us change education for the better! Nearly two million teachers and millions of students in the U.S. use LearnZillion.
Our fast-growing education technology company is looking for a software engineer to help us create essential tools for teachers, parents, and students. You will play a key role in building LearnZillion’s technology platform and shaping its future. You will work closely with operation and software engineers to host our world-class web application.
You should be technically skilled, focused, and creative.
LearnZillion is a social enterprise founded by two former teachers. We provide a learning platform that helps teachers and parents meet the educational needs of every student. We are building an online, collaborative, curricular platform with lessons, resources, assessments, and activities created by some of the country’s best teachers.
More about us: https://learnzillion.com/team
LearnZillion secured initial funding through the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, NewSchools Venture Fund, O’Reilly AlphaTech Ventures, Learn Capital, and others. It was recently acquired by Weld North Education.
Some of our mentions:
The Engineering & Design team excels at building product that delights users and solves complex problems simply. We ship product daily, value iteration over big upfront design, pay attention to the details, and help each other improve.
Our team is made up of experienced product builders. We not only impact LearnZillion but regularly provide thought leadership and code contribution to the third parties we rely on, including many big name tech companies.
The team works well together, is supportive, non-judgmental, balances humility and confidence, works through disagreements well, and is joy to work with.
Our Technology Stack
- Ruby on Rails 5 (HAML, SASS, Webpack)
- Ruby 2
- GitHub, Code Climate, Circle CI, automated QA test suite
- Design and develop full-stack software to add impactful new features for teachers, students, parents, and administrative users
- Write unit, functional, and integration tests
- Collaborate with engineering, QA, and product design team members
- Scale our applications as our user base grows
- 1+ years of experience with a front-end framework like Vue.js or React
- A solid understanding of Ruby
- 1+ years of experience improving the performance of Ruby on Rails applications with Memcached and background job processing frameworks (Sidekiq, Resque, Delayed::Job, etc.)
- Intrinsically-motivated individual who loves to get things done
- Competitive salary and paid time off
- 4% 401(k) contribution matching
- Remote-work friendly schedule
- Work daily with top-notch engineering and product design team members
- Make the digital curriculum of the future a reality for students everywhere
As an equal opportunity employer, LearnZillion is committed to a diverse workforce and provides equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, regardless of any characteristic protected by applicable law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, and gender expression), physical or mental disability, age, genetic information or characteristic, or national origin.
Our employment decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and business needs. LearnZillion does not discriminate in employment opportunities, practices, or decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including actual or perceived sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth, and breastfeeding), sexual orientation (including actual or perceived romantic, physical, or sexual attraction to other persons, or lack thereof, on the basis of gender), physical or mental disability, age, genetic identity, information, or characteristic, national origin, ancestry, creed, veteran or military status, marital status, political affiliation, family responsibilities, familial status, matriculation, personal appearance, or any other classification or category protected by law in the communities where we operate, and does not retaliate against employees for reporting, participating in, and/or opposing any discriminatory practice.
Ruby on Rails 5 (HAML, SASS, Webpack) Vue.js Ruby 2 Postgres Elasticsearch Redis Sidekiq GitHub, Code Climate, Circle CI, automated QA test suite