At Automattic, we have the power to create opportunities for people in every corner of the earth. We offer people flexible, challenging and rewarding careers with true impact and scale. Whether on the outskirts of a jungle, living a nomadic life out of a van, in a major city or a small town that doesn’t have a central business district – as long as you have an active Wi-Fi connection, you could be an Automattician! Our Technical Recruiting team is at the forefront of bringing extraordinary people into Automattic.
We’re looking for someone who is passionate about diversity, data, and people. As a Hiring Experience Wrangler (or Technical Recruiter, as it’s more commonly known), you’ll join us in the Developer Experience division. Our division is responsible for the entire experience of being an engineer at Automattic – from hiring and onboarding developers to providing technical leadership within the engineering organization. Within this division, you’ll sit in a dedicated team of Hiring Experience Wranglers who are focused on recruiting amazing people, no matter where in the world they might be.
We look after everything to do with hiring: process improvements, educating our hiring team on candidate-friendly practices, sourcing, talent pipelining, employer branding, and coordinating the recruiting process end-to-end. We are very hands-on and active at every stage of the candidate journey.
We are a global team, with members based in Australia, the US, and Europe. Ideally, you will be based in Europe or APAC.
You have a highly refined depth of experience sourcing candidates, screening and coordinating a high volume of candidates; managing the end-to-end process of hiring Software Engineers, with a strong focus on diversity and inclusion. You understand the importance of making sure every candidate in every stage has the best experience possible, and could not stand to leave someone out in the cold.
You may have been a Recruiting Coordinator in a past life and have found your way into sourcing, or you may be a full-cycle recruiter. Perhaps you are someone who has worked at an agency, doing a bit of everything: sourcing, managing a warm pool of candidates, and working with demanding clients that have high expectations. Whatever your journey, it’s important that you have experience facilitating the entire recruiting process and are able to partner closely with teams, leads, and the business to hire amazing developers.
- The ultimate candidate experience advocate, ensuring candidates think fondly of the time they spent in any hiring process (even if they don’t end up being hired!)
- Someone who cares deeply about building a diverse and inclusive workforce.
- Keen to dive in and go deep on everything. There is no task too menial.
- Someone who strives to work out what the numbers are in order to make the right changes, build cases to support them and show value.
- Passionate about technology and how it’s built, and being part of the team that attracts and hires the best developers for Automattic and its products.
- A strong and creative sourcer.
- Demonstrable experience recruiting senior developers, from the top of the funnel through to offer.
- Strong project management skills and a love for organization, including documentation.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams to manage projects to completion.
- Ability to work very autonomously, with a high level of attention to detail and a level of comfort with frequent context switching.
- Experience working in a distributed and global team.
- A proven track record of implementing and developing standard methodologies for increasing diversity in hiring processes.
- A deep and thorough depth of technical recruiting.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, particularly written communication skills.
- A problem-solving mindset and a track record for getting results.
- Deep empathy for candidates and colleagues.
- An understanding of team dynamics, facilitation and design processes.
- The ability to advocate for collaborative decision making in a team environment and can influence without being directive.
- Strong general cognitive ability.
- Experience working on diversity & inclusion projects.
- Experience with coordinating teams global remotely.